How jail or prison time accelerates the aging process in the human body
Ben Kieffer speaks to University of Iowa researchers Ethan Rogers and Mike Berg about the health effects of being incarcerated.
On this podcast of River to River, host Ben Kieffer speaks to meteorologist Mike Fowle about the massive storm system that brought hurricane-force wind gusts, spawned tornadoes and took the life of a truck driver.
Then, state Republicans eye more tax cuts and possibly the elimination of Iowa’s income tax. Des Moines Register reporter Stephen Gruber-Miller and Peter Fisher of Common Good Iowa explain the implications of eliminating Iowa's income tax.
- Mike Fowle, Science and Operations Officer, Meteorologist, National Weather Service in Des Moines
- Stephen Gruber-Miller, statehouse reporter, Des Moines Register
- Peter Fisher, research director, Common Good Iowa and professor emeritus of urban planning, University of Iowa
- Ethan Rogers, assistant research scientist and Postdoctoral fellow with the Crime and Justice Policy Research Program at the University of Iowa Public Policy Center
- Mark Berg, professor and Collegiate Scholar at the University of Iowa, and director of the Crime and Justice Policy Research Program