Sustaining Membership is an easy and efficient way for you to support the programs you rely on and cherish.
Sustaining Members make an ongoing, monthly contribution through secure, automatic monthly payments from your credit card, debit card, bank account, or ISU, UNI, or U of I payroll deduction. Best part: you’ll no longer have to remember “renewal” dates.
Sustaining Members enjoy these benefits:
- Convenient for you: enjoy uninterrupted IPR Member status because your membership is always current.
- As a sustaining member, you provide ongoing support for Iowa Public Radio. Contributions from sustaining members make up 45% of IPR's membership revenue and allow us to reduce our reliance on pledge drives.
- No more letters asking you to renew. IPR is able to save on postage, paper and administrative costs which puts more of your contribution into the news and music you value.
- Special invitations to shows, member pre-sale tickets, and events throughout the year.
- Sustainer-only access to the IPR Sustainer Shop – purchase great Iowa Public Radio gear anytime you wish! Check your email or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the secret entry code!
- Opportunity to choose a new thank-you gift every January – and for donors giving $120 or more annually, a new IPR Membercard each year that gives you 2-for-1 discounts at some of your favorite restaurants or cultural attractions across Iowa.
- A subscription to our email newsletter Connections, packed with news about your favorite programs and hosts, early notice about IPR events, and special members-only offers.
- Automatic entry into drawings during our on-air Membership Campaigns. Drawings change each campaign, but we will always send you an email beforehand, and let you know in which sweepstakes you're automatically included. Recently, a sustaining member has been randomly selected as the winner of our trips to Ireland, New York, Hawaii, and Paris.
You can change or update your credit card or other payment method at any time by contacting our Accounting team at 515-725-1726 or email@example.com.
IPR Sustaining Membership FAQ's
Q: Am I automatically renewed every year?
A: Yes, the sustainer giving program is an ongoing monthly donation plan - which means we'll continue to deduct money from your account until you let us know to stop or change it.
Q: How can I change or cancel my plan?
A: Contact our Accounting team at 1-515-725-1726 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: I love the thank-you gifts! Do I get one each year?
A: Yes! Every January we'll send you your tax letter, plus instructions on how to choose a new MemberCard (for donors $10/month or more) and your yearly thank-you gift. If you're listening to a pledge drive during the year, and you really don't want to wait until January to choose your gift, go ahead and email us and we'll be happy to send you your gift early.
Q: I would like to change the credit card number attached to my membership, how do I do that?
A: You can update your information by contacting our Accounting team at 515-725-1726 or email@example.com