Folks in other countries have figured out ways to hold a safe traditional celebration at a time of quarantines and lockdowns. Here are a few hacks they've devised.
Following a districtwide recount of all 24 counties, Republican Mariannette Miller-Meeks leads Democrat Rita Hart by six votes in the race for Iowa's 2nd Congressional District. The results are not yet final, pending formal certifications by county and state officials Monday.
Friday marks Native American Heritage Day, a time to honor and celebrate Indigenous history and culture. Many events are being held online this year due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Find the latest headlines from Iowa Public Radio news in our Daily Digest.
President-elect Joe Biden is continuing to build his incoming White House staff, despite President Trump's refusal to admit defeat in the election. Watch the announcement live at 1 p.m. ET.
Dr. Peter Hotez is part of a team working to develop a low-cost COVID vaccine that could be distributed globally. "Vaccines are coming," he says. "We have to get everybody through to the other side."
As Joe Biden prepares to take office, he's talking to governors about trying to implement a national mask mandate. But to succeed, Biden is likely going to need to find a way to depoliticize masks.
Wilton Gregory, the archbishop of Washington, D.C., is among 13 church leaders elevated to cardinal at a ceremony at the Vatican on Saturday.
The Trump campaign paid $3 million to get recounts in two heavily Democratic counties in Wisconsin. The effort backfired in Milwaukee, at least, where Biden expanded his margin of victory Friday.
We look at what a concession from the Trump White House might look like, and what the president might be able to get done in his remaining days.
The Latest On COVID-19
- 'We Know We Are Asking A Lot.' Los Angeles County Announces New Stay At Home Order
- Germany Passes 1 Million Coronavirus Cases, As Merkel Warns Of 'A Tough Winter'
- Pandemic Takes Toll On Children's Mental Health
- A Black Friday With Masked Shoppers And Booming Online Sales
- North Korea Executed Coronavirus Rule-Breaker, Says South Korean Intelligence
- A COVID-19 Vaccine For Children May Still Be Many Months Away
- Government Model Suggests U.S. COVID-19 Cases Could Be Approaching 100 Million
- Restaurants Reinvent Themselves For Thanksgiving And Beyond: 'You Just Pivot'