Folks in other countries have figured out ways to hold a safe traditional celebration at a time of quarantines and lockdowns. Here are a few hacks they've devised.
Friday marks Native American Heritage Day, a time to honor and celebrate Indigenous history and culture. Many events are being held online this year due to the coronavirus pandemic.
A Continuous Improvement process at a Waterloo John Deere plant has garnered a national award.
Find the latest headlines from Iowa Public Radio news in our Daily Digest.
President-elect Joe Biden is continuing to build his incoming White House staff, despite President Trump's refusal to admit defeat in the election. Watch the announcement live at 1 p.m. ET.
Dr. Peter Hotez is part of a team working to develop a low-cost COVID vaccine that could be distributed globally. "Vaccines are coming," he says. "We have to get everybody through to the other side."
As Joe Biden prepares to take office, he's talking to governors about trying to implement a national mask mandate. But to succeed, Biden is likely going to need to find a way to depoliticize masks.
The Republican incumbents are baselessly casting doubt on the state's voting system. Some in the GOP worry their words could depress voter turnout and cost the party two Senate seats.
We look at what a concession from the Trump White House might look like, and what the president might be able to get done in his remaining days.
In a blistering opinion, a federal appeals court has thrown out the Trump campaign's challenge to the certification of votes in Pennsylvania. Trump's lawyers say they will appeal to the Supreme Court.
The Latest On COVID-19
- Pandemic Takes Toll On Children's Mental Health
- A Black Friday With Masked Shoppers And Booming Online Sales
- North Korea Executed Coronavirus Rule-Breaker, Says South Korean Intelligence
- A COVID-19 Vaccine For Children May Still Be Many Months Away
- Government Model Suggests U.S. COVID-19 Cases Could Be Approaching 100 Million
- Restaurants Reinvent Themselves For Thanksgiving And Beyond: 'You Just Pivot'
- There's No Stopping These Seniors; Even A Pandemic Can't Bring Them Down
- Germany Extends Strict Lockdown Measures With Eye Towards Reopening Ski Slopes