Find the latest headlines from Iowa Public Radio news in our Daily Digest.
As schools weigh the risks of reopening, many are making plans to lower the risks of coronavirus transmission. Here's how to vet your school's proposals.
State Government News
IPR News And Podcasts
University of Iowa Health Care is looking for diverse participants for its COVID-19 vaccine clinical trial. Two hundred-fifty participants are needed for phase one.
The Siouxland District Board of Health wants to approve a countywide cloth face mask recommendation to help reduce the spread of the coronavirus but stopped short of a mandate.
Democrats lead Republicans in mail ballot requests in the state by 600,000, leading to pressure on the president to relent in his attack on mail voting.
Presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden has shared new details of his plan for overturning President Trump's agenda, including a commitment to stop building the wall on the U.S.-Mexico border.
The Latest On COVID-19
- Los Angeles Mayor Says City May Shut Off Water, Power At Houses Hosting Large Parties
- North Carolina Will Pause Further Reopening Until September To Start The School Year
- Twitter, Facebook Remove Trump Post Over False Claim About Children And COVID-19
- Linn County Supervisors, Mayors Urge Reynolds To Let Them Issue Local Mask Mandates
Racial Justice News
- Louisiana Supreme Court Won't Review Life Sentence For Man Who Stole Hedge Clippers
- 'Sick To My Core': Aurora, Colo., Chief Apologizes After Black Family Is Handcuffed
- California Struggles To Fix Zoning That Promotes Racial Inequity And Climate Change
- Former Atlanta Police Officer Who Shot Rayshard Brooks Sues City Over Firing