When School Resumes, Iowa Won't Require Face Masks
On this 'Newsbuzz' edition of River to River, host Ben Kieffer gets a look at the guidelines just released by state education officials for school reopenings, followed by a conversation with an infectious disease specialist about the spread of the novel coronavirus and how the public can continue to protect themselves and slow the spread of COVID-19.
Also on the program, details of a lawsuit to block Iowa’s new 24-hour abortion waiting period, claims that Des Moines police violated protesters' free speech rights Monday night, a new study showing increasing nitrate levels in Iowa’s drinking water; and we meet IPR’s newest reporter and learn about her focus on Iowa’s booming Latino population.
- Dr. Rosanna Rosa, infectious disease specialist at UnityPoint Health – Des Moines
- Grant Gerlock, Iowa Public Radio reporter
- Amy Mayer, Iowa Public Radio agriculture reporter
- Katarina Sostaric, Iowa Public Radio state government reporter
- Kassidy Arena, Iowa Public Radio’s Report for America reporter
- Mark Simmet, Studio One host, Iowa Public Radio