LISTEN: Iowa Lawmakers On Legislative Suspension, COVID-19
Iowa's legislative session will be suspended for at least 30 days as a means to help limit the spread of COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus. Katarina Sostaric, IPR's statehouse reporter, speaks with River to River host Ben Kieffer on the latest news from the capitol.
State Representative Jarad Klein (R-Keota) and State Senator Joe Bolkcom (D-Iowa City) also weigh in on the COVID-19 response in Iowa and discuss the condition of medical cannabis legislation.
The latter half of the program features IPR's health reporter Natalie Krebs and IPR's news director Michael Leland to talk about Iowa school closures and how IPR will be reporting on COVID-19 moving forward.
- Katarina Sostaric, IPR statehouse reporter
- Joe Bolkcom, state senator, Iowa City
- Jarad Klein, state representative, Keota
- Natalie Krebs, IPR health reporter
- Michael Leland, IPR news director