Should Employers Be Required to Use E-Verify During Hiring Process?
Under a bill being considered at the Iowa Statehouse, businesses could face the suspension or loss of their licenses if they knowingly employ workers who are in the country illegally.
In this “legislative day” edition of River to River, Ben Kieffer and Katarina Sostaric host a discussion on the bill that proposes requirements to participate in the federal government’s E-Verify program.
They also host discussion on a bill that would limit private groups' use of the State Revolving Fund to purchase land.
Guests this hour include:
- Sen. Julian Garrett R-Indianola
- Sen. Rob Hogg D-Cedar Rapids
- Joe Henry, advisor to the national president of the League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) on civic engagement and elections
- Dave Stitz, vice president of finance at McAninch Corporation, a Des Moines construction company
- Pia Orrenius, senior economist at the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
- Howard Fisher, reporter with Capitol Media Services
- Sen. Zumbach R-Ryan