How to Support
Iowa Public Radio is a member station of NPR. Together, we share in their mission to create a more informed public. Iowa Public Radio is a locally owned and operated community institution providing news, information, and cultural programming important to Iowans.
Gifts From Individuals
Member support is IPR’s largest and most reliable source of revenue. More than 57% of our annual operating budget comes from the generous support of nearly 30,000 members. Because IPR is member-supported, community-based public media, your contribution is vitally important to sharing high quality news and music to the entire state.
Become A Member Today!
- Annual Membership – any donation amount makes you a member of IPR.
- Sustaining Membership – be here for IPR throughout the year with an ongoing monthly gift.
- Leadership Circle– giving that totals $1,000 or more annually.
IPR Accepts Other Types of Gifts:
- Planned Gifts More and more donors are electing to ensure the viability of Iowa Public Radio beyond their lifetime including a gift to public radio in their estate plans. Click here to learn how you can support the growth of Iowa Public Radio for years to come.
- IRA Distribution There is a special way to support Iowa Public Radio if you are age 70 1/2 or older.
- Donor Advised Funds If you or your family members have established a donor advised fund, you can direct annual gifts to Iowa Public Radio or select IPR as the ultimate beneficiary of your DAF. Talk with your sponsoring organization about your interests.
- Donate Your Vehicle Vehicle donations drive the success of Iowa Public Radio. We accept cars, trucks, boats, motorcycles, RVs, and more! Pickup is free. We'll put your old vehicle to work to fuel more excellent programming.
- Employer Match Many employers will match your donation, doubling or even tripling your gift to support Iowa Public Radio. Check with your HR department and ask for a matching gift form.
- Gifts Of Stock By giving stock or other securities, you can support IPR and possibly realize tax benefits.
- Endow Iowa Fund Find out more about how you can help Iowa Public Radio through the Endow Iowa Program. To donate directly to the Iowa Public Radio Endow Iowa Fund, click here.
- Volunteer Find out more about how you can give your time and energy to support Iowa Public Radio.
Gifts From Foundations
Iowa Public Radio is fortunate to partner with and receive support from private and corporate foundations whose high regard and respect for high-quality journalism and culturally enriching programming is as mission fulfilling for them as it is for us.
Iowa Public Radio relies on a variety of revenue streams, including corporate sponsorships, to further our commitment to editorial excellence and support our mission. Iowa Public Radio has a sales team that works with potential sponsors to offer dynamic opportunities that meet their marketing needs while also positively impacting public media. Learn more here.
If you have questions about making a donation to IPR in one of these ways or a question about a past donation, please contact IPR's Membership team at 1-800-861-8000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mailing Your Donation
You may mail your donation to Iowa Public Radio at:
Iowa Public Radio
2111 Grand Avenue, Suite 100
Des Moines, IA 50312-5393