Biden's Executive Order Opens Federal Health Insurance Marketplace
If you’ve been without health insurance during the pandemic, relief came this week with an executive order from President Biden to open the federal health insurance marketplace for three months.
On this Newsbuzz edition of River to River, host Ben Kieffer speaks with University of Iowa public policy expert Pete Damiano about the ways President Biden is changing healthcare in the U.S. and his plans for the future. Damiano also explains how you might be able to take advantages of healthcare changes.
Also on the program, IPR's Katarina Sostaric talks about a couple of bills advancing in the Iowa legislature dealing with election laws and gender identity. Kate Payne explains an independent review of law enforcement officers’ use of tear gas against racial justice protesters in Iowa City last summer, and Kassidy Arena tells us about a yoga class offered in Spanish.
Finally, we enter the world of subatomic particles to find out why they help make the universe, as we know it, possible with Iowa State University Professor of Physics and Astronomy Jim Cochran.
· Katarina Sostaric, statehouse reporter, Iowa Public Radio
· Kate Payne, reporter, Iowa Public Radio
· Kassidy Arena, reporter, Iowa Public radio
· Pete Damiano, director and distinguished research fellow, Public Policy Center, Bernstein Professor, College of Dentistry
· Jim Cochran, professor of physics and astronomy, Iowa State University
· Mark Simmet, host, Studio One, Iowa Public Radio