IPR App Listening
- Listen to Iowa Public Radio's News, Classical, and Studio One streams live
- Notifications about the latest breaking news, the day's big news story, and more
- Read the latest news and information from IPR and NPR
- Explore On Demand content - listen to shows you missed this week, including Talk of Iowa, Morning Edition, Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! and more
- Wake up to Iowa Public Radio wherever you are with the alarm clock!
Listen in your car
- If you have BlueTooth in your car, you can use it to listen to IPR through our app. Simply connect your phone to your car's BlueTooth and start playing!
Troubleshooting the app
Question: How do I turn on notifications?
- Answer: For iOS devices, go to Settings, select the IPR app, then select Notifications. Make sure that you've toggled on "Allow Notifications."
Question: The app won’t play the stream. What can I do?
- Answer: First, are you connected to the internet or using your data plan? If not, connect and then try to play the audio. If you are and the stream isn’t loading, double-check that you actually have internet and you aren’t showing a WIFI connection without internet – that would prevent any content from updating. To check this, you’ll need to check your modem or router. Once you’ve confirmed that you have an internet or data connection, completely close and restart the app.
Question: I’m worried about the amount of data I’m using through the app. Any suggestions?
- Answer: If you’re at home or work in an office that offers employee internet, join the WIFI network. If you’re unable to join a WIFI network, the amount of data that the app will use is very low. If you want to know the exact amount, clear your device’s recent data usage history and start tracking with just the app open.
Question: I’m worried that you’ll access other information on my device. Is that true?
Question: My device is running really slowly. I think it’s because your app is open. Why is that?
- Answer: It’s not necessarily because our app (or JUST) our app is open. Your mobile device is very similar to a desktop computer or laptop – it needs to be restarted every now and then. Give it a restart first. That will force all of your open apps closed, stopping all processes they might be running. You should notice your device is working better once it restarts. If it’s still slow, think about how old your device is – if it’s more than 3 – 4 years old, it could be slow because the apps that you’ve installed are built using more computing power, meaning your device can’t handle those processes as well. We hate to say it – but in this instance, you may need to think about purchasing a new device. If it truly is isolated to just when you have our app open and you’ve completed a restart, Contact Us and we’ll investigate further.
If you have questions or comments about how to use Iowa Public Radio's app, you'll find support within the app. Tap the "menu" button and then tap "Help." There are multiple ways to submit your support requests from there.
App technical support is provided by Public Media Apps.