The University of Iowa, Iowa State University, and University of Northern Iowa have each released plans to bring students back to campus in some capacity this fall, despite ongoing concerns about the COVID-19 pandemic.
Vanessa Miller, higher education reporter for The Gazette joins River to River for a look at how each university plans to reopen their campus and support the learning needs of more than 80,000 students.
Also on the program, a conversation with an Iowa “Dreamer” about the recent U.S. Supreme Court case upholding DACA; a look at an all-online Juneteenth celebration; a conversation with Courtney Reyes, executive director of One Iowa in light of the landmark Supreme Court decision mandating workplace protections for LGBTQ Americans and top COVID-19 news from the week with Iowa Public Radio health reporter, Natalie Krebs.
- Natalie Krebs, Iowa Public Radio health reporter
- Mónica Reyes, co-founder, Dream Iowa
- MarKaus, organizer, Iowa Juneteenth
- Courtney Reyes, executive director, One Iowa
- Vanessa Miller, higher education reporter, The Gazette
- Tony Dehner, Studio One host, Iowa Public Radio