Small Town Iowa Newspapers Facing A Financial Crisis
On this “news buzz” edition of River to River, host Ben Kieffer speaks with Pulitzer Prize-winning editorial writer for the Storm Lake Times Art Cullen about what he calls an existential crisis for his small town paper.
Later in the program, political scientist Chris Larimer speaks about Iowa holding out on mandatory stay at home orders, Iowa Public Radio’s Amy Mayer has the latest on agriculture and a virtual egg hunt for the Easter weekend ahead.
- Art Cullen, Pulitzer Prize-winning editorial writer for The Storm Lake Times
- Chris Larimer, professor of politics at the University of Northern Iowa
- Amy Mayer, Harvest Public Media and IPR agriculture reporter
- Katie Nola, director of marketing communications for the Iowa Egg Council
- Greg Orwell, director of DuRide