Those who find themselves missing festival season and the Iowa music scene are in luck this weekend. Quarantined in Cyberspace, a local music festival held on Facebook Live, will be streaming this weekend.
Iowa City musicians Jayce Nguyen, Katy Kelly, Aaron Longoria and Drew Demeny organized the virtual event.
“We all know how boring and monotonous life in social distancing or quarantine has been,” Nguyen said. “Personally, live music is a frequent part of my life, whether it’s playing shows or going to them and supporting other artists. We wanted to create that feeling and space again, of being interactive with other artists.”
How to attend:
Fourteen Iowa musicians are lined up to play this two-day digital festival, which will stream from its Facebook event page. “If you can’t watch live, you’ll still be able to access the live videos that Facebook uploads after each stream,” Nguyen said.
Friday, April 17:
- Fickle Weather (Iowa City indie) - 7:30 p.m.
- Teri Underhill (Des Moines singer-songwriter) - 8 p.m.
- Jared and Jonah from Redcoat (Ames pop punk) - 8:30 p.m.
- Pulsing (Quad Cities electronic indie) - 9 p.m.
- Yung Potion (Iowa City rap) - 9:30 p.m.
Saturday, April 18:
- Adelina of Dog Dave (Iowa City indie) - 4 p.m.
- Katy Kelly of Basketball Divorce Court (Iowa City post-punk) - 4:30 p.m.
- TIGERDRIVER (Iowa City hip-hop/indie) - 5 p.m.
- Rubbur (Iowa City alt rock) - 5:30 p.m.
- Jayce Nguyen/Soybean (Iowa City indie) - 6 p.m.
- Cowpoke (Iowa City alternative) - 6:30 p.m.
- Trevor Polk of Halfloves (Iowa City indie rock) - 7 p.m.
- TIGER! (Iowa City hip-hop/rap) - 7:30 p.m.
- Mcqueue (Iowa City indie) - 8 p.m.