Talk of Iowa Book Club
Join host Charity Nebbe for the monthly on-air book club on Talk of Iowa!
We love to read! We know many of you do too. That’s why we’ve started a book club. We’re hoping you’ll want to talk about the themes, characters and big picture questions raised by the titles included on our reading list for 2020. Get a copy of the books on the list below, make a cup of tea, find a comfy chair, and read or re-read with us.
You can listen to Talk of Iowa weekdays at 10 a.m. on all IPR News and News/Studio One signals or online at iowapublicradio.org. RSVP on Facebook to let us know you'll "be there!"
2020 Reading List & On-Air Meeting Dates:
- February 12: The Twelve Tribes of Hattie- Ayana Mathis (fiction)
- April 8: A Sand County Almanac - Aldo Leopold (non-fiction)
- May 6: Eligible - Curtis Sittenfeld (fiction)
- June 10: Delights and Shadows - Ted Kooser (poetry)
- July 8: Little House on the Prairie - Laura Ingalls Wilder/ Birch Bark House - Louise Erdrich (fiction)
- August 12: Storm Lake – Art Cullen (non-fiction)
- September 9: The Mothers- Brit Bennett (The 2020 All Iowa Reads selection for adult readers)
- October 14: A House on Mango Street - Sandra Cisneros (fiction)
- November 11: Crossing to Safety - Wallace Stegner (fiction)
- December 9: Little Heathens: Hard Times and High Spirits on an Iowa Farm During the Great Depression – Mildred Armstrong Kalish (non-fiction)