The Latest On COVID-19
On March 11 the World Health Organization declared the spread of the novel coronavirus a pandemic. COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease 2019) is the official name for the illness caused by the novel coronavirus that emerged in Wuhan, China in late 2019.
For the latest guidance and information, we strongly recommend relying on the following for accurate information:
- The CDC’s page about the Coronavirus Disease 2019
- The World Health Organization's (WHO) page about COVID-19
- The Iowa Department of Public Health
Symptoms of COVID-19 can include fever, runny nose, cough and breathing trouble. Most individuals develop mild reactions to the virus. Some people, usually those with other medical complications, develop more severe symptoms, including pneumonia.
- Find a map tracking the spread of COVID-19 across the U.S. here.
- Read our liveblog about how the spread is affecting Iowa.
- Do you have questions about how the outbreak is being handled in Iowa? Fill out this form, and we'll try to answer as many of your questions as we can with our reporting.