Vaccine Rollouts In Urban And Rural Iowa
In the past month, new COVID-19 cases have dropped significantly in almost every part of the country. On this "newsbuzz" edition of River to River, the vaccination campaign here in Iowa.
Also on the program, host Ben Kieffer takes a look at the Cedar Falls Human Rights Commission's controversial response to a racist slur sent via Snapchat. Political scientist Donna Hoffman reflects on the one-year anniversary of the 2020 Iowa Democratic caucus calamity and shares her thoughts on the future of that first-in-the-nation tradition. And, fingers-crossed, RAGBRAI announced its route for 2021. RAGBRAI director Dieter Drake talks about the COVID-19 mitigation strategies for this year's ride.
- Natalie Krebs, health reporter, IPR
- Michaela Ramm, healthcare reporter, Cedar Rapids Gazette
- Amie Rivers, staff writer, Cedar Falls Waterloo Courier
- Donna Hoffman, professor of political science, University of Northern Iowa
- Dieter Drake, director, RAGBRAI
- Tony Dehner, host, IPR Studio One