Statehouse Security And Iowa National Guard Heads To DC
On this Newsbuzz edition of River to River, First Lieutenant Kevin Waldron of the Iowa National Guard joins host Ben Kieffer to discuss the role of the 265 guardsmen and women who will help provide extra security in Washington D.C. at the inauguration of President-Elect Joe Biden.
The first week at the Iowa Statehouse has come to a close. Kieffer speaks with Kathie Obradovich to highlight key moments from the week. Also, The Gazette's Michaela Ramm updates Iowans on the vaccine rollouts happening throughout the state.
Later on, Iowa Department of Public Safety Commissioner Stephan Bayens gives an update on additional security measures being taken at the Iowa Statehouse and presidential historian Tim Walch provides historical context for what's been happening in national politics.
- Kathie Obradovich, editor in chief, Iowa Capital Dispatch
- Michaela Ramm, health care reporter, The Gazette
- Kevin Waldron, deputy public affairs officer, first lieutenant Iowa National Guard
- Stephan Bayens, commissioner, Iowa Department of Public Safety
- Tim Walch, director emeritus, Herbert Hoover Presidential Library and Museum
- Tony Dehner, host, IPR Studio One