Students, Faculty Reflect On First Semester Fully Within The Pandemic
It’s been a tough semester for students and faculty at Iowa’s colleges and universities.
On this episode of River to River, a survey of the fall higher education semester – a term fully within the pandemic. Host Ben Kieffer speaks with Hannah Neary, a University of Iowa student who had and recovered from COVID-19; Carissa Froyum, a University of Northern Iowa professor teaching in-person and Kylee Hauter, an immunocompromised student at Iowa State University who moved home to Minnesota after finding life near campus too high risk.
Also on the program, higher education reporter Vanessa Miller of The Gazette looks ahead to the spring semester at Iowa’s Regents universities and Jonathan Brand, president of Cornell College offers a perspective from a smaller, private college working to maintain classes as the pandemic continues.
- Vanessa Miller, higher education reporter with The Gazette
- Hannah Neary, University of Iowa student
- Kylee Hauter, Iowa State University student
- Jonathan Brand, president of Cornell College
- Carissa Froyum, University of Northern Iowa sociology professor