Record High COVID-19 Hospitalizations, Deaths Continue To Sweep The Midwest
COVID-19 cases continue to surge across the Midwest, resulting in record hospitalizations and deaths in Iowa and many neighboring states.
On this episode of River to River, a survey of the COVID-19 pandemic across the region. Host Ben Kieffer speaks with reporters from Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, South Dakota, Illinois and Nebraska to get an idea of how each state is handling unprecedented increases in confirmed cases, hospitalizations and deaths related to the coronavirus.
- Katarina Sostaric, state government reporter, Iowa Public Radio
- Brian Bakst, political correspondent, Minnesota Public Radio
- Laurel White, state capitol reporter, Wisconsin Public Radio
- Jackie Hendry, health and education reporter, South Dakota Public Broadcasting
- Mary Hansen, reporter, NPR Illinois
- Becca Costello, reporter and producer, NET Nebraska