Amid Major State Data Error, Iowans Mark 1,000 COVID-19 Deaths
This week, Iowa surpassed a grim milestone - more than 1,000 COVID-19 deaths. On this episode of River to River, a look at the ongoing impact of the pandemic on Iowans amid major errors in data reporting from the state.
Also on the program, a discussion with Iowa Public Radio’s Kate Payne as Cedar Rapids and surrounding communities continue Derecho recovery efforts, and the story of a mid-storm act of heroism that resulted in the safe recovery of a half-dozen Iowans trapped in a collapsed building.
- Natalie Krebs, Iowa Public Radio health reporter
- Grant Gerlock, Iowa Public Radio Central Iowa reporter
- Mark Mussman, general manager of Granite City Food & Brewery in Cedar Rapids
- Kate Payne, Iowa Public Radio Eastern Iowa reporter
- Vickie Brandenberg, owner and director of Lionheart Early Learning in Iowa City and North Liberty
- Tony Dehner, Iowa Public Radio Studio One host