An Iowan Recounts His Story Of Witnessing An Execution
This week saw the first federal executions in 17 years.
On this ‘Newsbuzz’ edition of River to River, host Ben Kieffer speaks with Des Moines trial lawyer Guy Cook on his attendance of an execution in 1997 as a state witness in Missouri. Cook recounts his experience in the first half of the show.
Later in the program, IPR’s Kassidy Arena describes the challenges facing Iowa’s immigrant workers in the meat packing industry, Dean Kevin Washburn of the University Of Iowa College Of Law details a recent Supreme Court ruling being celebrated by Native Americans and tips for viewing Comet Neowise.
· Guy Cook, Des Moines trial lawyer
· Kassidy Arena, Iowa Public Radio reporter
· Kevin Washburn, Dean of the University Of Iowa College Of Law
· Angela Zalucha, lecturer, Department of Physics and Astronomy, ISU
· Cece Mitchell, Studio One host, Iowa Public Radio