Regardless of Their Party, College Voters Are Concerned About State Senate Election Bill
More than 70 thousand students would be unable to vote early on their college campuses under a wide-ranging election bill making its way through the Iowa Senate.
On this "news buzz" edition of River to River, host Emily Woodbury speaks with University of Iowa College Republicans Chair Kyle Apple and Iowa State College Democrats President Taylor Blair to learn about student reactions to the proposed bill.
Also on this episode:
- James Q. Lynch of The Cedar Rapids Gazette offers highlights from this week in legislative news.
- University of Northern Iowa Politics Professor Scott Peters analyzes the possible impact of the Senate's proposed election bill on college campuses, including UNI.
- Iowa Public Radio's Katie Peikes explores flood impact in western Iowa.
- The race for Iowa Senate District 30 has pulled national attention. Candidates Walt Rogers and Eric Giddens explain why they each believe they're the best choice for the job ahead of Tuesday's election.
- Professor of Law at Indiana University Maurer School of Law Deborah Widiss breaks down the specifics of the Cradle Act, Sen. Ernst's proposed family leave plan.