On this "news buzz" edition of River to River, Donnelle Eller of the Des Moines Register offers an update on the impact of the China trade war on agriculture and farmers, Peggy Huppert of NAMI Iowa speaks about the stigma surrounding mass shootings and mental illness and IPR's Western Iowa Reporter Katie Peikes speaks about JD Scholten's announcement to run for Iowa's 4th congressional district seat.
During the latter portion of the show, you'll hear from Quartz Reporter Jenni Avins give a "home state view" perspective on Democratic presidential candidate Marianne Williamson and three members of the Cedar Rapids Sizzlers Granny Basketball team talk about their recent success at the National Granny Basketball Tournement.
- Donnelle Eller, Business Writer at the Des Moines Register
- Peggy Huppert, Executive Director of the National Alliance on Mental Illness -- Iowa
- Katie Peikes, IPR Western Iowa Reporter
- Jenni Avins, Reporter at Quartz
- Diana Marker, Cedar Rapids Sizzlers
- Sue Hartley, Cedar Rapids Sizzlers
- Margaret Beuter, Cedar Rapids Sizzlers