The Iowa National Guard has been added to a congressional investigation involving President Donald Trump's Turnberry resort.
Des Moines Register investigative reporter, Jason Clayworth reports that "It's one of at least four seperate military stays at the resort that are being investigated by the House Oversight Committee to determine whether Trump improperly gained from U.S. military lodging at his properties." You can read Clayworth's full story here.
Also on this News Buzz edition of River to River, host Ben Kieffer speaks with Meg Kinnard of the Associated Press to get a home state view of former South Carolina Govenor Mark Sanford, who announced his Presidential campaign earlier this week. We remember a landmark European Larch tree on the campus of the University of Iowa. Also a preview of the upcoming college football matchup between the University of Iowa Hawkeyes and the Iowa State Cyclones.
- Jason Clayworth, Investigative Reporter, Des Moines Register
- Meg Kinnard, National Politics Reporter, Associated Press
- Carlos Gamerro, University of Iowa International Writing Program
- Erin Irish, Associate Professor of Biology at the University of Iowa
- Brandon Hurley, Sports Editor at Jefferson Herald & Assistant Sports Editor Carroll Times Herald