The former Iowa Department of Human Services Director, Jerry Foxhoven, is now filing a whistleblower claim against Gov. Kim Reynolds and the state of Iowa after being asked to resign this June.
On this "news buzz" edition of River to River, host Ben Kieffer is joined by IPR Central Iowa Reporter Grant Gerlock to weigh in on the proceedings. Gerlock says Foxhoven is saying that the governor's office was asking him to spend DHS money to pay the governor's deputy chief of staff. Foxhoven says he was asked to resign before bringing the issue to the atttention of an assisant attorney general.
- Grant Gerlock, IPR Central Reporter
- Max Christensen, Iowa Director of Transportation for the Department of Education
- Genevieve Goelz, Labratory Technician at Medline Industries
- Dominique Maria Bonessi, Maryland Reporter at WAMU
- Aaron Calvin, Reporter at the Des Moines Register
- Mark Simmet, IPR Studio One Host