As Hurricane Dorian rages over North Carolina's coast today after tearing through the Caribbean, a University of Iowa researcher is dedicated to finding the most efficient methods of transporting relief supplies to areas in need.
Ann Campbell, University of Iowa professor of management sciences, has focused her research on transportation logistics in the hopes of more effectively distributing humanitarian aid during times of natural disaster.
Later on this edition of 'news buzz', a range of guests join host Ben Kieffer to reflect on the latest news, such as how Iowa City and Polk County law enforcement is using high-tech doorbells for surveillance footage and the start of National Farm Safety and Health Week next week.
- Katarina Sostaric, IPR state government reporter
- Ann Campbell, professor of management sciences at the University of Iowa
- Paul Brennan, news director at The Little Village Magazine
- Chriss Merrill, director of the International Writing program at the University of Iowa
- Chan Ping Chiu, theater founder in Hong Kong and International Writing Program Resident with the University of Iowa
- Charles Schwab, professor of agricultural and biosystems engineering at Iowa State University and extension safety specialist
- Mark Simmet, IPR Studio One host