What’s To Blame For Iowa’s Waterway Woes?
On this episode of River to River, host Ben Kieffer speaks with Kate Payne about two Iowa rivers being named among the nation’s most endangered and explains how agricultural pollution receives much of the blame.
Katarina Sostaric joins the program with news from the Iowa Statehouse, a conversation with Iowa environmental health scientist Peter Thorne about his nomination to serve as an EPA advisor, Grant Gerlock describes what's concerning Iowa’s public schools and Kassidy Arena talks about Iowa’s first Latino film festival.
- Katarina Sostaric, statehouse reporter, Iowa Public Radio
- Peter Thorne, professor of Occupational and Environmental Health, University of Iowa
- Grant Gerlock, reporter, Iowa Public Radio
- Kate Payne, reporter, Iowa Public Radio
- Kassidy Arena, reporter, Iowa Public Radio
- Mark Simmet, host, Studio One