After a discussion charged by the polarized debate over masks, the Ankeny school board voted to require them to be worn in schools, following the same decision for Johnston Tuesday evening.
Find the latest headlines from Iowa Public Radio news in our Daily Digest.
IPR News And Podcasts
An immigrant advocacy organization has announced it will purchase a second home where new immigrants and refugees in Iowa can stay.
Two companies in Iowa are now turning to incarcerated individuals to meet their workforce needs. This month the board of Iowa Prison Industries approved two new contracts with Diamond Crystal Brands and Timberline Manufacturing to hire women currently serving time at the prison in Mitchellville.
A Mount Mercy University student has died of COVID-19 at the age of 21. This week the school announced the death of student Ashley Hudson, who was an aspiring kindergarten teacher.
U.S. Education Secretary Miguel Cardona is hopping a purple bus for his "Return-to-School Road Trip." His message to students and educators: It's good to be back.
The Latest On COVID-19
- The FDA OKs Pfizer-BioNTech Booster For People 65+ Or At High Risk For Severe COVID
- A Family Physician Says The Pandemic Has Changed The Doctor-Patient Relationship
- Birds Thrived Where Humans Feared To Tread During The Pandemic, Scientists Say
- The Fed Says Inflation Is Hotter Than Expected — But It Should Cool Next Year
- At 100, The National Park Service's Oldest Active Ranger Is Still Going Strong
- Survivor Of 1973 Rape Says She May Have Identified The Wrong Man Due To Racial Bias
- New Monument Marking The End Of Slavery Has Replaced Robert E. Lee Statue In Virginia
- With A Spotlight On Gabby Petito, The Parents Of 2 Missing Black Men Call For Action