Folks in other countries have figured out ways to hold a safe traditional celebration at a time of quarantines and lockdowns. Here are a few hacks they've devised.
About 200 Latino families in need will be able to make Thanksgiving dinners thanks to one organization that has figured out how to safely drop off resources during the COVID-19 pandemic.
At Annual March, Sioux City-Area Native American Community Encouraged To 'Take Responsibility' For Sacred Sites, TraditionsThe Native American community held its annual walk Wednesday in Sioux City, honoring their children placed into the non-Native foster care system. Besides looking for healing, people reflected on parents' responsibility for teaching their child, and looked forward.
Find the latest headlines from Iowa Public Radio news in our Daily Digest.
President-elect Joe Biden is continuing to build his incoming White House staff, despite President Trump's refusal to admit defeat in the election. Watch the announcement live at 1 p.m. ET.
Dr. Peter Hotez is part of a team working to develop a low-cost COVID vaccine that could be distributed globally. "Vaccines are coming," he says. "We have to get everybody through to the other side."
As Joe Biden prepares to take office, he's talking to governors about trying to implement a national mask mandate. But to succeed, Biden is likely going to need to find a way to depoliticize masks.
Government scientists estimate that the true number of coronavirus infections is eight times the reported number of 12.5 million, meaning "most of the country remains at risk," the team reports.
"That's a wonderful sentiment," says Abbi Gold, 59, a Democrat from Arizona. "It's probably a really sweet pipe dream." Hoping to help, many are ramping up trainings for cross-the-aisle conversations.
President Trump has pardoned his first national security adviser, Michael Flynn, who pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI about his contacts with the Russian ambassador. It was announced on Twitter.
The Latest On COVID-19
- Restaurants Reinvent Themselves For Thanksgiving And Beyond: 'You Just Pivot'
- There's No Stopping These Seniors; Even A Pandemic Can't Bring Them Down
- Germany Extends Strict Lockdown Measures With Eye Towards Reopening Ski Slopes
- Sudan's Former Prime Minister Sadiq Al-Mahdi Dies Of COVID-19
- Supreme Court Says New York Can't Limit Attendance In Houses of Worship Due To COVID
- NFL Postpones Steelers-Ravens Thanksgiving Game Due To Coronavirus Outbreak
- Near Crisis, Some Hospitals Face Tough Decisions In Caring For Floods Of Patients
- Iowa Indigenous Group To Host 'Truthsgiving'
- Coalition Urges Black Communities To Embrace A COVID-19 Vaccine
- Educators And Native Leaders Recommend Bringing Anti-Racism To The Thanksgiving Table
- Black People Are More Hesitant About A Vaccine. A Leading Nurse Wants To Change That
- San Francisco DA's Office Launches Its 1st Homicide Prosecution Of A Police Officer
Movies & TV