The Cost of War & Today's Military Industrial Complex
Forty years ago, Dwight Eisenhower warned America about the buildup of a military-industrial complex. Since then, it's become a fact of life, but do we really understand what that means? Join host Neal Conan and guests for a discussion about the true cost of being ready for war.
* Has a piece in the December 2002 Atlantic Monthly, "The Military Industrial Complex"
* National Correspondent, The Atlantic Monthly
* Professor of history, and director of the Eisenhower Center for American Studies, University of New Orleans
* Ret. Capt., U.S. Navy
* Speech writer for President Eiesenhower 1958-1961
Major Donald Vandergriff
* Author of The Path to Victory: America's Army and the Revolution in Human Affairs
* Assistant professor of Military Science at Georgetown University
Copyright 2003 NPR